Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cabo Trip With the Perrys

I thought I would start with the happenings of 2008. At least I only have a month to catch up on! We started this year with a fabulous trip to Cabo with the Perrys. It was quite the challenge to get 15 people around - including 3 babies in strollers. I can't believe that Makenna's first trip was out of the country and she had a passport at 3 weeks of age. 

Great Little moments...
1. Seeing Makenna's cute cubby legs b/c she got to wear summer clothes all week (Thank you Kenzie for lending us you fabulous wardrobe!)

2. Makenna's first swim in a pool. She didn't cry or smile, she just sat there with a blank look on her face - probably thinking it was a little bigger than her bath tub. By the end of the week, she started to splash a little

3. Great family to vacation with. Days were spent at the pool, playing tennis, and of course card games into the late hours of the night!

4. Perfect weather. It only rains 5 days a year in Cabo. We experienced 7 perfect days around 70 - 80 degrees with a slight breeze

5. Great food. The best was Mi Casa -  a place in town that had fabulous seafood and authentic Mexican. 

6. Great exercise. Everything was spread out and you had to go up and down hills. Makenna loved these stroller rides and I got to have a workout during the process. I think she really missed being outside once we came back to winter Utah :(

7. Deap sea fishing is great in Cabo. Just make sure your boat driver remembers to bring the bate. 


2 comments:

Lauren Perry said...

Yay for you new blog!! It is SUPER cute! Someone really cool must have helped you with that ;) Ok, can Makenna seriously be ANY cuter?? lol. She is so beautiful!

Kacey said...

Yeah Melissa! Welcome to the blog world. I LOVE your layout...did you use photoshop to help with it? I cannot for the life of me figure out that program btw...you might have to give me lessons because I feel like an idiot trying to use it.
So excited to add you to my list. Now we need to get Jeanette working on hers! ;-) (are you reading this Jeanette? You're NEXT!)