Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Late Valentines



Can you tell that Makenna is our only child - all dressed up for each holiday that she doesn't understand or care about. 

Makenna and I went out to lunch with my mom, all my sisters, and their little girls. Of course we were all dressed up for Valentines and Lindsey kept standing up on her highchair and pulling up her skirt to show the restaurant her cute heart bum! 
                                                                                                                 
After lunch, we had to go over to the mall and go shopping! While in Banana Republic, Lindsey and Kenzie just loved the manikins. They were calling all the male ones papa, holding their hands, and hugging them! 

Last year's Valentines day was bittersweet as we spent the day with doctors. We found out we were going to have a baby!!! Tyler ended up in the ER after a strep virus attacked his lymph nodes in his legs. Let's just say we were both too sick to celebrate with a nice dinner, flowers, etc...

12 comments:

Lauren Perry said...

How fun! I love the heart dress! I bought Cannon some Valentines outfits too, lol, so no worries about the holiday themed threads :) I love all of the family pictures! Your nieces are darling (and of course Miss Makenna is beautiful as always)

Melanie said...

Love the heart-bum tights, and the peepshow for the restaurant! So cute.

Kacey said...

Hey, I want some cute heart on the bum tights too! ;-) That picture is hilarious.

Ben and Jenn said...

Tyler & Melissa your page is so cute. Little Makenna is absouletly beautiful and I love her heart dress. Don't you just love Disneyland?! I can't wait until we have kids so we can take them there. By the way if you ever plan another trip there or Six Flags they both are only about 30 minutes away from us. (We are in Pasadena) I'd love to hear from you guys, check out our blog whenever you'd like.

Jess Perry said...

What a cute picture of you three. I love the dress. And I love the picture on your next post of the eating of the toes...how cute. I loved that!

Jeff & Melissa said...

I stumbled across your blog from Jess... Welcome! Your daughter is such a cutie!!

Ashley said...

Love the valentines outfit...little hearts suit her well! What a cutie!

Terra said...

Makenna is darling! How fun to get to dress her up! Boys are fun-but the dress up part isn't quite as exciting. I love the heart tights!

The Gatherum Family said...

Melissa-I don't know how I stumbled onto your blog, but I am sure glad I did! Your little girl is so darling. Can I just say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having your dad for a doctor??? He is the best! Hope things are going well for you guys. Our blog address is gatherumfamily.blogspot.com. Talk to you later, Adrian (Thomas)Gatherum

The Olsen's said...

Melissa, I stumbled on your blog and was so happy I did! We haven't talked for ever. Makenna is so cute and I didn't even know you were expecting. You look so happy as a mom. We are expecting #2, come check out our blog theolsenzoo.blogspot.com. Can't wait to hear from you.
Aimee Sherwood (olsen)

Kacey said...

Ok Girl...it's time for an update! ;-)

Lauren Perry said...

Your blog is SUPER cute! Now all that you need to do is update a post! I think we would all prefer to see some pics of Makenna